Sunday, March 29, 2009

DNA Sunday!

Derek, Dave, Kristin, Junior and Shayla Baker!

Today we bring you Ashley's oldest sister, Kristin Baker! She lives in Houston, TX with her adorable family. She is the oldest in our family! Kristin and I were born a year apart and made a great team. If my parents were away, I would play with the kids, and Kristin would make sure everything was clean! Kristin has many talents and interests: cooking, baking, organizing, scrap-booking, reading, blogging, and she also enjoys talking with friends and family on the phone to keep up on her long distance relationships! Kristin is married to Dave Baker who majored in chemical engineering and works in the oil industry. She has three children: Derek 10, Shayla, 8, Junior 2, and another little one due August 4th! Kristin took on the big adventure of homeschooling Derek and Shayla this year, and it is going really well. Kristin is a great wife, mother and sister--and just a lot of fun! Here is some fun information about her:

Kristin and Junior

What is your favorite color?

Purple
What makes you laugh?
My kids, especially Junior, the youngest.
If you had to live somewhere for the rest of your life where would it be?
On a cruise ship
What is the most attractive thing about your husband?
He is so good with kids and is willing to serve others. I love those things about him!
Which is a better pet? Dog or cat?
The best pet is none at all. Okay, I do like birds, but they can be noisy. So we currently don't have any pets.
Describe yourself in one word.
Perfectionist
What is your passion?
I love to write.
What surprises you most about your life so far?
That when I let go and allow, things happen and turn out in unexpected ways, but always better than they would have if I had maintained control of them.
Favorite holiday?
Christmas
Worst habit?
Always seeing how things could be better/ cleaner/ nicer. I don't even have to try to do this, it happens automatically, and I almost always have to say or do something about the imperfections that I see. Sometimes it is a blessing, many times a curse.
Favorite dinner food?
Herb Roasted Chicken
Favorite dessert/sweet?
Pretty much anything chocolate
Favorite book?
Summer of the Monkeys by Wilson Rawls (one of many favorite books)
Most happy when...
I've had time to myself to relax and regroup.
Most embarrassing moment?
I tripped over a fire hydrant in college. I know--hard to believe. How does THAT happen? I was looking at a mountain far away or something, and as I turned around to walk, there it was! A fire hydrant in my path, and I fell--backpack and all. Thankfully there were very few, if any, witnesses to that incident. I remember doing that because up until that point, I never knew what to tell people when they asked about my most embarrassing moment. After I did that, I catalogued that experience for future use when asked that question. I guess I didn't have many embarrassing things happen to me, well at least not before I had kids. Now I have embarrassing moments almost weekly: Junior sticking his hand down my shirt, kids saying things at inopportune times, etc. Gotta love being a mom, REALLY! It has lightened me up and softened me in ways that nothing else could, and I am better for it. Much better.
If you would like to know more about their family you can check out their blog here.

*Robert was admitted to the hospital yesterday. He has C-diff again! They think that he wasn't on antibiotics long enough last time for that TKO to really work! Knocked it good and unconscious, but then it came to and started harassing Robert again! His fever has been gone since late last night and he has stopped throwing up. He is on a liquid diet to give his digestive tract and colon a break! So far he isn't that hungry and hasn't missed his food! They are putting him on antibiotics for a month this time to be sure C-diff goes down, and stays down! He is feeling better and rested a lot today!

1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic story! You should post it on this success story website: http://www.waiit.com/testimonials/testimonials.php?mn=tmls

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete