Saturday, April 18, 2009

Green pee, and chocolate shakes...


That's no Kool-Aid... Yes, that would be Robert's green pee. Blue chemo+Yellow pee= yeah... you get the idea. Robert got his first chemo today, 2 bags, one blue, one clear. The interesting thing is I think the clear one has more possible side effects. Go figure. Weird stuff. Robert is doing well. The chemo takes a couple of days until it makes him start feeling yucky. So he has been feeling fine. They are starting him on antibiotics to try to prevent any infections, plus keeping him on the ones he has been taking for his colitis. So we are hoping that will keep it all in check.
Trying to fatten Robert up is no easy task. It's like trying to convince a picky kid to eat their veggies. Ok, I might be exaggerating a bit. But I try to get him to eat everything, literally, and I would say I get shot down on about 50% of things. (Some things I know he doesn't like, but I ask anyway, can't help it. Note, Robert is not about peanut butter these days. More delicious Reese's for me.) He has been eating more, but of course, I wish it was even more. 132 lbs. isn't making me so happy. Luckily he has been more willing to go the Ensure route. I got In-n-Out today, to my dismay Robert only wanted fries and a chocolate shake. What?? No juicy Double-Double? But, I'll take what I can get.

Hopefully this hospital stay will be a short one. Robert and I are in complete awe of how many people are so willing to do so much for us. Thank you for all they prayers, support and love. We are so grateful. We love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you enjoying In-N-Out, Robert--even if it's only fries and a shake. We're a bit jealous around here, though. One of the things that's wrong with Texas is no INO Burger. That, and it's too far from family. Love you both lots and lots!

    p.s. That green pee is pretty wild!

    ReplyDelete