Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tour du Jour.

So today I am giving you all a sweet tour of Robert's hospital room. It's sure to be the most exciting part of you day. Get ready for some random! The picture above is the saying on Robert's bathroom door, right across from his bed, so he sees it all the time. I thought it was really cool that another patient had put it up for future patients to enjoy. I love it when someone does something like that for people they don't even know. The world is full of good, and good peeps. And that's a good thing.

This is our whole room from the doorway. Robert was sleeping. Isn't he adorable? Especially when he sleeps. ;D

He woke up! Only because I tempted him with a delicious bowl of Trix drenched with ice-cold milk. I have to make food sound ultra delicious, you know. Plus, I turn on the TV to sports center and he can hardly resist! I'm just that good. He is still eating well. No mouth sores or anything like that, so he is eating enough, which makes me a happy woman.

RobDob is still consuming these for a good portion of his meals. I am surprised he is still into them so much. Usually he gets sick of things when he gets done with a treatment, or starts a new one. Not this time. That sneaky Rabbit has got a hold on Robert's taste buds. I'll let him keep it. I think it's funny. The nurses always get a kick out of it too.

Here's my resting quarters. It's actually a little couch that folds out into a bed. It's pretty sweet. As you can see I've got our laptop and plenty of books to read. So I keep busy and entertained when Robert is sleeping, which has been quite a bit still. The radiation makes him sleepy. Kind of a good side effect if you ask me.

So Robert is still peeing in his urinal, but they also measure the dirty 2. I guess they want to make sure everything is looking okay and they know how much fluid is coming out. I think those things are more sensitive for a transplant patient. For his 1st transplant it took Robert quite awhile to be able to er, go . . . in the "hat", but this time he's like, yeah whatever, I'll show that turd who's boss! And he does. Luckily, regularly. Okay, okay. Enough of that. I know, I'm gross. But who doesn't enjoy a little toilet humor every now and again? Even if it is a little more literal.

Here's a look at the whole bathroom. As you can see they have a seat built into the shower. Super smart. Robert sits in the shower no matter if there is a seat or not. (I know, it's weird. But we still love him. Don't we?) I don't use his bathroom, ever. It's a rule. One I am quite used to, so I trek out to the ladies room outside the clinic, since I am a respecter of the rules. Luckily it's not too far.
This is the view from our room window. Not too shabby, eh? We're glad we will be able to see fireworks on July 4th. That will be fun. I love when it rains here. Really anywhere. It's fabulous, and a nice change from the Vegas heat.

Robert has his last day of radiation tomorrow. Excitement! He might have to get a couple more treatments on his leg, but the TBI will be finished tomorrow. Then he is getting 2 days of chemotherapy. He is extremely happy that radiation will be done tomorrow. They showed me the radiation room today after he was finished. The contraption that they have him standing in/on does not look fun. Super uncomfortable. I wish I had had my camera to take a picture. Maybe they will let me take one tomorrow. Robert is feeling pretty good, and doing well with everything so far. Thank you for the comments, love, and prayers! Please keep them coming.

All our love.

3 comments:

  1. We're so glad you get to see fireworks on the 4th! We enjoyed the tour of the hospital room--even the kids read this post, and of course they appreciated the bathroom info/humor. :) Keep sleeping and eating, Robert! Ashley, my children were really impressed that you can make jokes at a time like this--keep it up! You guys are awesome, and we love you tons!
    Kristin & fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash this was a wonderful post. I think about you two constantly. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the room - it looks great and I look forward to reading posts on how well Robert is doing. My thoughts & prayers are with you guys. Hang tough and close.

    Kathy Gratteau

    ReplyDelete